Vivekananda Museum is an imposing building on the Marina along the beach road constructed in 1842 to store ice bars imported from the U.S.A. This is why it is called ICE HOUSE even to this day. Later this building was purchased by Bilagiri Iyyenger in 1885. Swami Vivekananda stayed in this historic building from February 6 to 15 in 1897. The Government took over the building in 1930 and in 1963 it was named after Vivekananda. The photographs depicting the historical happenings associated with his life are displayed here in the museum.
Map Of Vivekananda House(Museum), Tamilnadu :